[R-SIG-Mac]When is PDF not PDF?

Don MacQueen macq@llnl.gov
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:36:54 -0800

Sorry, I kind of jumped from dashed lines to hyphens in text. The
encoding='AdobeSTD' solved the hyphen problem for me.

But I just now did this little set of commands

>  pdf('tmp.pdf',encoding='AdobeStd')
>  plot(1:10,1:10)
>  lines(1:10,1:10,lty=2)
>  dev.off()

in R 1.6.0 on Solaris, and when I inserted tmp.pdf into PowerPoint X
the dashed line was there, as was the text. Also looked ok when I
used R 1.6.0 for Darwin/X.

-Don