[R-SIG-Mac]What is r-atlas?

David J. Braden dbraden@rochester.rr.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:13:08 -0500

Hi,
Thanks to recent threads here and a *lot* of help from Jan, I am
learning how to set up my Mac (OS 10.1.5) to run R w/ XFree86.  I'm
finking my way along a steep learning curve, have managed to get up to
version 1.5.1-1 through fink update-all.

(1) fink list "r-*" reveals file r-atlas.  Should I install that in
addition to r-base and r-recommended?

(2) I have been seeing "atlas" crop up in other places.  Does it have a
special significance within Unix?

Thanks to you all.
Regards,
Dave Braden