[R-SIG-Mac]Carbon binaries for R-1.6.0
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 13:33:09 +0200
I've just uploaded to CRAN the latest binaries of Carbon R.
You'll be able to get it starting from tomorrow morning on the main
In this version R binaries also contain the whole set of recommended
packages. So you'll not find a separate archive any longer.
What follow are the relevant changes to this release specific to the
MacOS. I'll suggest you to try the workspace browser (see "Tools" menu)
and, under OSX, the new quartz() device.
Contributed packages will follow shortly
Macintosh-specific changes to R
* new scripts to build packages: makeAdd, makeRcmd, makeBio
all the makefiles have been moved to src/macintosh/makefiles
* implemented the Quartz device (when running under OSX only)
* brand new worskspace browser, see Tools menu
* added and/or fixed internally mkdir and rmdir. Now
unlink(), dir.create() etc work correctly
* html help handled via applescript. More stable and
almost browser independent
* improved applescript support
* implemented browseURL
* implemented tempdir and tempfile according to Unix/Windows
* Date arithmetic fails (PR#1819). This bug have been partially
fixed. Arithmetic is fine now but there is still a problem
with the TZ (Time Zone) settings.
* fixed a bug in Locator of Macintosh device. Now it is possible
to interrupt it.
* From this version WasteLib 2.1x is required