[R-SIG-Mac]problems with Matrix, AnalyzeFMRI installation

John Carew carew@mr.radiology.wisc.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:32:44 -0600 (CST)

Hello,
I recently switched from a linux to mac osx g4 laptop.  I installed R and
atlas with fink.  When I ran install.packages() for AnalyzeFMRI and
Matrix, I had errors while compiling.

Part of output for AnalyzeFMRI:

   sormqr:
gcc -I/sw/lib/R/include  -I/sw/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c slapack.c
-o slapack.o
gcc -bundle -bundle_loader /sw/lib/R/bin/R.bin  -o AnalyzeFMRI.so
analyzeFMRI.o slapack.o -lf77blas -lcblas -latlas -lf2c -lm
-L/usr/local/lib -lf2c -lm
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lf77blas
make: *** [AnalyzeFMRI.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package `AnalyzeFMRI'

Part of output for Matrix:

Installing *source* package `Matrix' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... no
checking for dgemm_ in -lcxml... no
checking for dgemm_ in -ldxml... no
checking for dgemm_ in -lscs... no
checking for dgemm_ in -lcomplib.sgimath... no
checking for zherk in -lblas... no
checking for dgemm_ in -lblas... no
could not find your BLAS library
ERROR: configuration failed for package `Matrix'

It seems that the problem might be related.  I thought that the BLAS
library was part of atlas.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,
John Carew

--