[R-SIG-Mac]R-1.5.1.dmg.tgz

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:49:34 -0700

Overwriting by fink with newer versions is no problem. Overwriting
by R of newer fink versions by older versions is not a problem now,
but may become one. So, to be on the save side, if you also use fink
for other purposes you install the other packages and not the fink
package (it's optional anyway). Also, fink will not get confused
because it does not check for dylibs but for debs.

My reasoning is that if people actually use fink, they have the
developer package installed, and they can compile their own R
(either from fink or from source).