[R-SIG-Mac]no atlas

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:39:27 -0800

Every morning when I get out of my bed, the first thing I do is walk to
the computer and say "fink selfupdate". The second thing I do is to
say "fink update-all".  I have no life.

You only need the selfupdate-cvs the first time.

--- Jan

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 01:29 , Don MacQueen wrote:

> Yes, 1.4.0 is on fink.
> I just finished installing r-base from fink a few minutes ago.
>
> Here's the end of the installation output:
> Writing control file...
> mkdir -p /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/sci
> dpkg-deb -b root-r-base-1.4.0-2
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/sci
> dpkg-deb: building package `r-base' in
> `/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/sci/r-
> base_1.4.0-2_darwin-powerpc.deb'.
> ln -sf /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/sci/r-
> base_1.4.0-2_darwin-powerpc.deb /sw/fink/debs/
> rm -rf /sw/src/root-r-base-1.4.0-2
> dpkg -i /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/sci/r-
> base_1.4.0-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package r-base.
> (Reading database ... 7622 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking r-base (from .../r-base_1.4.0-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
> Setting up r-base (1.4.0-2) ...
> macq[153]%
>

> I just learned this morning how to update fink's list of packages, so
> that it reflects the most current version. The command I was told to
> use is
>
>   fink selfupdate-cvs
>
> Now, I don't understand fink very well; this command did two things, as
> I understand it.
>   1) updated fink's list of packages, replacing out of date version
> information with the most recent version information
>   2) updated fink itself (on  my computer)
> The latter one involved a typical very lengthy configure, compile,
> install etc. process.
>
> -Don
>
> At 10:17 PM +0100 1/4/02, Stefano Iacus wrote:
>> Jan,
>>
>> can you please provide a 1.4.0 release (not an 1.4.0 patch release).
>> I'll put this on cran.
>>
>> stefano
>>
>> btw. I tried to install R from fink but it has installed to me rel
>> 1.3.1
>>
>> Is 1.4.0 available from fink yet ?
>>
>> stefano
>>
>> On Venerd́, gennaio 4, 2002, at 10:04 , Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>>
>>> There is a version of R-1.4.0 base without ATLAS (using the
>>> BLAS that comes with R) in
>>>
>>> ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub/R-1.4.0-OSX-no_atlas.tar.gz
>>>
>>> This should run on G3's without problems. It installs in its
>>> own directory, called R-patched (it's the current patched
>>> version of R-1.4.0). Just replace the critical files in your
>>> current R installation.
>>>
>>> This is only the base, with gnome and libR.dylib.
===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~deleeuw