[R-SIG-Mac]making maps a la usa()

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:30:43 +0100

Ok,

I have successfully built the source code of the maps library but the R
code can't be used as it is under MacOS (no problems for Darwin R)

The R code is full of system() calls, actually not available under MacOS
and all the file paths are specified in terms of "/" instead of using
the file.path() R function.
Moreover, the system() calls are to typical Unix commands like awk,
egrep etc.

So, as I have not enough time at moment to rewrite all the R code, I
think this package can't be used with Carbon R at the moment.

If any other would like to the try to rewrite the code in a standard R
fashion, I'll be pleased to collaborate.

Sorry,

		Stefano