[R-SIG-Mac]R Aqua (part III)

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:16:39 -0700

If I create /Users/jago and open R.app from there, I am a little bit
better
off. But still no cigar: the console says

cannot find system RenvironWARNING: unknown option -psn_0_6160385
Fatal error: you must specify `--save', `--no-save' or `--vanilla'

If I go to Contents/MacOS and run

./R --vanilla

from the Terminal, it opens the Aqua window, but it has the old
problem that the window cannot receive events. Also it says

On Saturday, August 17, 2002, at 10:51 AM, Stefano Iacus wrote:

> I've found where the problem is with RAqua.
>
> I have accidentally hardcoded the R_HOME directory. To make RAqua
> working properly on your machines you have to edit one file.
>
> Suppose you have unpacked RAqua.tgz in your user directory, i.e.
>
> /Users/me
>
> so you have the following directory
>
> /Users/me/R.app
>
> then you have to edit the file
>
> /Users/me/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R
>
> the first line is where R_HOME is defined. What you find there
> actually is
>
> R_HOME_DIR=/Users/jago/R.app/Contents
>

> so you have to change it with something as follows
>
> R_HOME_DIR=/Users/me/R.app/Contents
>
> In any case, be sure it is an absolute path. To see which is the
> correct path simply use "pwd" from the terminal window, i.e.
>
> cd R.app/Contents
> pwd
>
> the output of pwd is what you have to use in the definition of
> R_HOME_DIR
>
> enjoy it
>
> stefano

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au