[R-SIG-Mac]R Aqua (part III)

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 19:51:00 +0200

I've found where the problem is with RAqua.

I have accidentally hardcoded the R_HOME directory. To make RAqua
working properly on your machines you have to edit one file.

Suppose you have unpacked RAqua.tgz in your user directory, i.e.

/Users/me

so you have the following directory

/Users/me/R.app

then you have to edit the file

/Users/me/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R

the first line is where R_HOME is defined. What you find there actually
is

R_HOME_DIR=/Users/jago/R.app/Contents

so you have to change it with something as follows

R_HOME_DIR=/Users/me/R.app/Contents

In any case, be sure it is an absolute path. To see which is the correct
path simply use "pwd" from the terminal window, i.e.

cd R.app/Contents
pwd

the output of pwd is what you have to use in the definition of R_HOME_DIR

enjoy it

stefano