[R-SIG-Mac]getting round the absence of system() on R for Mac

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:02:56 +0200

system() is not implemented (yet, it would be possible in the next
version but only running under OSX) in R.  You can try to use
applescript to interact with other applications.
within R you can run applescript or, from an applescript you can ask R
to execute commands. See the examples in the script directory.
As I'm trying to develop applescript support in R it would be nice if
any of you reading the list suggest me what they would like to do in
this direction.

Stefano