[R-SIG-Mac]problems with printing

Stefano Iacus stefano.iacus@unimi.it
Mon, 28 May 2001 17:29:10 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2038693108-1

On Marted=EC, maggio 22, 2001, at 01:36 , Christof Bigler wrote:

> problems with printing
>

> (1) Each time I choose the menu 'Print...' of the graphics window,=A0 =
a=20
> graphics is printed out, independent of if I press the button 'print'=20=

> or 'cancel'.

ouch, I'll fix it.

> (2) Using the menu again for printing out, a light gray background=20
> (hardly visible) is printed on the hardcopy.
umh, I never noticed it and I try to fix it too

> (3) Lines and symbols appear less thin, than if I use postscript().
this is due to the different devices' resolutions. Macintosh device is=20=

only 72 dpi while ps, if I remember well, is 300 dpi or more.

> (4) Points (2) and (3) happen also, if I copy and paste the graphics=20=

> into a word document.

yes, this is because also printing has the same resolution of macintosh=20=

device. In any case the postscript and the forthcoming pdf device are=20
"first best" for graphics printing.

Stefano

--Apple-Mail-2038693108-1

On Marted=EC, maggio 22, 2001, at 01:36 , Christof Bigler wrote:

<excerpt>problems with printing

</color><excerpt>(1) Each time I choose the menu 'Print...' of the
graphics window,=A0 a graphics is printed out, independent of if I press
the button 'print' or 'cancel'.

</excerpt>ouch, I'll fix it.

</color><excerpt>(2) Using the menu again for printing out, a light
gray background (hardly visible) is printed on the hardcopy.

</excerpt>umh, I never noticed it and I try to fix it too

</color><excerpt>

(3) Lines and symbols appear less thin, than if I use postscript().

</excerpt>this is due to the different devices' resolutions. Macintosh
device is only 72 dpi while ps, if I remember well, is 300 dpi or more.

</color><excerpt>

(4) Points (2) and (3) happen also, if I copy and paste the graphics
into a word document.

</excerpt>yes, this is because also printing has the same resolution
of macintosh device. In any case the postscript and the forthcoming
pdf device are "first best" for graphics printing.

</color>Stefano=

--Apple-Mail-2038693108-1--