[R-SIG-Mac]compiling fortran code of contributed packages using absoft f77 and lnk

Stefano Iacus stefano.iacus@unimi.it
Mon, 28 May 2001 17:24:48 +0200

> Now my question is: how can I control that lnk creates a shared library
> consisting of FORTRAN routines. Does anybody have a hint?

I suspect that the absoft compiler do not user "underlines" in the
function names. R for MacOS actually add a "_" symbol to fortran
functions. This is because Mac f2c uses this convention.

Can you please try to do this witht he absoft compiler ? I do not own
this compiler but it would be very important to understand what is going
on.