[R-SIG-Mac]R and ATM

Richard D. Gill Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 06:51:16 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear all,
I discovered a conflict between R and the control panel Adobe Type Manager
(I have ATM Light 4.6.1 on a not new iBook under OS 9.1).
When I start up R, after clicking OK on the
file input dialogue, there is a pause of highly random length before
the R command window appears. Roughly speaking: 0 with probability 1/3,
exponential with mean 5 seconds with probability 1/3, infinite with
probability 1/3.

Did anyone else experience this problem or something like it?

I have ATM Light because OzTeX tells you you should. It takes care of
(excellent) screen rendition of postscript fonts. It is available free
from the Adobe web pages (if you look very carefully) for
Adobe Type Manager DeLuxe.
Yours
Richard Gill

--
mailto:richard.gill@math.uu.nl
mobile: +31 6 224 27 127                                 0__