[R-SIG-Mac]Installing R on Mac OS X.1

Marc Hannebert hannebert@mac.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:29:03 +0100

Since December 22th, I'm trying to install R on my mac and it is not yet
running...
Where can I find a complete installation procedure (from A to Z) ?

I understand that before installing R, Xfree86 (for example) or Xdarwin has
to be installed first.

Then some libraries have to be added (but exactly which ones ?) using Fink
for more convenience. I read that "atlas" had to be installed but Fink can't
find it... Same for libz.
Also Fink finds that my installation of Xfree86 / Xdarwin is not complete
(some shared libraries are missing ?) although I used the 4.1.0 / 1.0.5
installer (Mac OS X package)...

Finally, R 1.4.0 has to be installed.
It seems (Jan de Leeuw said it on this mailing list on the 22th of December)
that R can be installed using Fink (fink install r-base / fink install
r-commended) but Fink doesn't fink thoses packages...

Probably I'm too used to Apple installations where any child could do it...

Best regards.

Marc Hannebert.

Mail : hannebert@mac.com