[R-SIG-Mac].RData on Mac OS X

Stefano Iacus jago@mclink.it
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:46:45 +0100

--Apple-Mail-3--192765630

You can rename it as you please, but naming it as .RData and putting it=20=

in the same folder as R binary is, will cause R to load that image file=20=

by default at startup.

You can double click on the file and OS X should pop up a dialog asking=20=

you "which app to use" (say..),  just choose R.

I hope this helps you.

Stefano

On Mercoled=EC, dicembre 12, 2001, at 06:33 , Christof Bigler wrote:

> I use the Carbon version of R.
> Is there any problem with renaming the .RData file e.g. in RData? And=20=

> is there any application on OS X like 'creator type convertor' to make=20=

> the RData file doubleclickable?
> Anyway, loading the workspace file .RData via menu works fine!
>
> Christof
>
> On Mittwoch, Dezember 12, 2001, at 01:06  Uhr, Stefano Iacus wrote:
>
>> You can see "invisible" files from the term window using commands =
like=20
>> "ll"
>>
>> which version of R for mac are you using ? (Carbon or Darwin)
>>
>> stefano
>
> On Mittwoch, Dezember 12, 2001, at 01:02  Uhr, Kaspar Pflugshaupt =
wrote:

>> On 12.12.2001 12:18 Uhr, Christof Bigler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I recently updated my system from Mac OS 9.1 to OS X (Version 10.1).
>>> How can I use my currently invisible .RData files (created with R=20
>>> 1.3.1)
>>> on the new system?
>>> Is there a way to make these files visible/readable on Mac OS X?
>>
>> Hmm. I had no problem whatsoever reading my old OS 9 files, nor some=20=

>> Windows
>> _Rdata files and Linux .Rdata files... What are you trying to do? I=20=

>> usually
>> open files by
>>
>>> load("path/to/my/files/.RData")
>>
>> It shouldn't be a problem that the file is hidden. You just have to=20=

>> know
>> where it hides... :-)
>>
>> But then, I'm running R from the command line under X11 and I'm used=20=

>> to the
>> UNIX way of things. If all those file paths are irritating for you, =
you
>> could start up OS 9 and rename your files to something else (without =
a=20
>> dot
>> at the beginning), then load by
>>
>>> load(file.choose())
>>
>> which ought to appeal to you :-)
>>

>> Hope that helps (if not, write back)
>>
>> Kaspar Pflugshaupt

--Apple-Mail-3--192765630

You can rename it as you please, but naming it as .RData and putting
it in the same folder as R binary is, will cause R to load that image
file by default at startup.

You can double click on the file and OS X should pop up a dialog
asking you "which app to use" (say..),  just choose R.

I hope this helps you.

Stefano

Is there any problem with renaming the .RData file e.g. in RData? And
is there any application on OS X like 'creator type convertor' to make
the RData file doubleclickable?

Anyway, loading the workspace file .RData via menu works fine!

Christof

files from the term window using commands like "ll"

which version of R for mac are you using ? (Carbon or Darwin)

stefano</color>

</excerpt>

On Mittwoch, Dezember 12, 2001, at 01:02  Uhr, Kaspar Pflugshaupt
I recently updated my system from Mac OS 9.1 to OS X (Version 10.1).

How can I use my currently invisible .RData files (created with R
1.3.1)

on the new system?

Is there a way to make these files visible/readable on Mac OS X?

</excerpt>

Hmm. I had no problem whatsoever reading my old OS 9 files, nor some
Windows

_Rdata files and Linux .Rdata files... What are you trying to do? I
usually

open files by=20

<excerpt>load("path/to/my/files/.RData")

</excerpt>

It shouldn't be a problem that the file is hidden. You just have to
know

where it hides... :-)

But then, I'm running R from the command line under X11 and I'm used
to the

UNIX way of things. If all those file paths are irritating for you, you

could start up OS 9 and rename your files to something else (without a
dot

at the beginning), then load by

<excerpt>load(file.choose())

</excerpt>