[R-jobs] nonclinical statistician
mxkuhn @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 27 18:16:37 CEST 2017
Associate Director, Statistics
USA - MA - Cambridge Kendall Sq. 700 Main
USA - CT - Groton
Seeking a motivated and experienced statistician with a solid
background in nonclinical statistics to provide support and leadership
to Pfizer’s discovery sciences by influencing choice of targets,
compounds, doses, and formulations at key decision points and
meetings. The nonclinical statistician will provide state-of-the-art
statistical design, analysis, and interpretation of high quality
studies and experiments that underpin or enable the identification and
development of high value assets across therapeutic areas for Pfizer’s
Research organization. The focus will be on both platform approaches
(e.g., ensuring robust analytical methods) and project-specific
applications (e.g., early synthetic route optimization). Job
responsibilities could evolve and expand over time (e.g., biomarker
- Statistical support for chemistry and biology in support of compound
and target identification, assay capability, and synthesis
- Demonstrate leadership in influencing and improving drug discovery
by identifying, developing, and applying innovative quantitative
- Proactively seek collaborations with scientists and lab heads to
plan meaningful studies, analyze historical data, and influence
- Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for
determining strategy and delivering results in a timely manner with
- Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external
reports, presentations, manuscripts, with the aim to improve the
quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the
- Standardize processes and methodologies by developing statistical
tools to aid scientists in objective decision-making.
- Participate in the group’s education initiative by co-leading
courses such as experimental design and measurement systems analysis.
- Pursue business-related research interests and represent Pfizer externally.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field and 3+ years
statistical consulting experience in drug discovery and development,
preferably in a laboratory science environment., or MS with 5+years of
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication
(written and verbal) skills.
- Fundamental understanding of inference, probability, and Bayesian
methods; Solid knowledge of experimental design; Proficiency in
contemporary modeling including mixed models, nonlinear regression;
- Comprehension of tools for high dimensional data analyses and
predictive modeling / machine learning.
- Sound computational skills in R.
- Familiarity with basic chemistry, biology, and / or engineering.
- Knowledge of drug development regulations pertinent to statistical
analysis and reporting
- Proven track record of integrating statistical techniques and
solutions into (pharmaceutical) applications to achieve business
- The aptitude to identify, understand, and apply relevant scientific
More information about the R-sig-jobs