[R-jobs] Nonclinical Statistician
M@x@Kuhn @end|ng |rom p||zer@com
Mon Dec 14 18:37:58 CET 2015
The Research Statistics group collaborates across a wide variety of
activities in the early phases of drug discovery. This position is located
in Groton CT and has a focus on the optimization of chemical matter and
the development of assays to characterize these molecules
The successful candidate will:
* Demonstrate leadership in influencing and improving drug discovery by
identifying, developing, and applying new quantitative methods.
* Proactively seek collaborations with scientists and lab heads.
* Collaborate with scientists to plan meaningful studies, statistically
analyze, and communicate / document the results.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field and 2+
years statistical consulting experience in drug discovery and development,
preferably in a laboratory science environment.
* The ability to proactively seek collaborations with scientists and lab
* Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication (written
and verbal) skills
* Understanding of inference and probability; competence in contemporary
linear modeling including mixed models, nonlinear regression; and
predictive modeling/machine learning.
* Solid understanding of experimental design
* An understanding of tools for the analysis of high dimensional data
* Strong computational skills in R
* Five or more years experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Sound understanding and experience of applying Bayesian methods
* Formal training in, or thorough understanding of: human physiology,
cell biology, pharmacokinetics and/or pharmaceutical chemistry.
* Strong computing skills in scripting languages, such as perl, python,
unix shell scripts or others. SQL and LaTeX skills are also advantageous.
The position is posted at http://pfizercareers.com/
- Go to "Search jobs" on the green tab
- Choose "SEARCH and APPLY for Jobs"
- In the "Advanced Search" bar, search on Job Id 1024297
More information about the R-sig-jobs