[R-jobs] Data Scientist – Marketing Science – Los Angeles
Andrew@Chr|@t|@n@on @end|ng |rom |p@o@@com
Fri Jul 11 01:02:34 CEST 2014
Data Scientist – Marketing Science – Los Angeles
Ipsos – a global market research firm – has an opening for a Data Scientist. We seek a capable and creative programmer with unrelenting attention to detail, an ability to work well with a small team (including both programmers and non-programmers), and a strong interest in advanced analytic techniques. Fluency in R and/or Python is required.
• Contribute to large-scale data and statistical modeling efforts.
• Develop new data science products by translating conceptual blueprints into polished applications.
• Maintain and enhance large codebases underlying existing key applications.
• Perform other marketing science analyses for clients as required.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
• Proficiency in advanced R and/or Python programming, including the ability to debug and streamline very large functions.
• Experience in parallelizing processes.
• Experience integrating R and/or Python with each other and C\C++.
• Large dataset manipulation.
• Working knowledge of SQL. Further experience with database administration considered a plus.
• Experience creating and deploying web applications.
• Familiarity with web scraping tools and techniques.
• Familiarity with particular analytic tools including Monte Carlo simulation, machine learning, genetic algorithms, data fusion, predictive models, network analysis, system dynamics, and/or agent-based models.
• Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.) preferred but by no means required.
If interested apply at http://bit.ly/1rFm2EU or reply with a resume.
Research Manager, Ipsos Science Centre
More information about the R-sig-jobs