[R-jobs] TIBCO is hiring Data Scientists
|b@juk @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Thu Feb 27 01:02:56 CET 2014
Hiring Manager: Michael O'Connell
TIBCO is a rapidly growing software company with more than 3000 employees worldwide and more than $1B annual revenue in 2012. TIBCO provides a comprehensive software platform that allows customers to perform in-depth analysis on their data, while injecting predictive and complex statistics in the analysis. TIBCO Spotfire is an interactive, visual environment with inbuilt R/S+ analytics and seamless connectivity with SAS and Matlab, allowing individuals to analyze and visualize trends, patterns, outliers, and unanticipated relationships in data quickly. TIBCO has also recently developed and productized its own runtime interpreter for R, enabling R code to run natively in TIBCO products. TIBCO Spotfire customers include Fortune500 customers from variety of industries, including: Life Sciences, Energy, Financial Services, Telco, Retail and others.
We are looking for Data Scientists to join our rapidly growing Industry Analytics team and:
* Provide analytics expertise in the context of customer implementations of TIBCO software
* Engage in methodology development to sharpen our current tool kit
* Deliver statistical analyses as part of demonstrations, projects, engagements or deployed software applications.
* Provide compelling presentations and demonstrations of analytics software to customers and senior industry personnel
* Evaluate and document the business value of analytics projects
* Integration and solution development within the TIBCO suite of products
The work can be accomplished from a home office, but candidates who can readily come in to our Dallas, Houston, Chicago/Schaumburg or Palo Alto offices will be given preference.
* Candidates must have experience in statistical data analysis and some involvement in delivering statistical analyses as part of demonstrations, projects, engagements or deployed software applications.
* Candidates must be comfortable / fluent in speaking with senior industry personnel and be able to present/demonstrate software; and document projects e.g. results of analyses.
* Candidates must have 3+ years of experience with S-PLUS or R. Experience with other software environments e.g. SAS, Matlab, Spotfire, Spotfire Miner, and/or other data mining software is a plus. Experience with other software e.g. .Net, Java and/or scripting environments e.g. Python, is a plus.
* Candidates should have a masters or PhD degree with a major in statistics. Candidates with a major in other disciplines and with statistics classes will also be considered. Graduate statistics classes in Time Series Analysis, Longitudinal Methods and/or Data Mining are a plus.
* Candidates must be proficient in the Windows environment; Linux is a plus.
* Familiarity with the Energy, Finance Retail or CPG industries is a plus; as is familiarity with Customer Insight (CRM), Sales and Marketing and/or Manufacturing functional areas.
Check out https://usa-tibcosoftware.icims.com/jobs/8556/data-scientist/job for more information.
Sr. Director, Product Management
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
lbajuk using tibco.com
More information about the R-sig-jobs