[R-jobs] Noble is looking for a Market Risk Manager/Analyst for its London Office, prefer Candidates who have R programming skills
W@ngYu @end|ng |rom th|@|@nob|e@com
Fri Jul 29 15:46:28 CEST 2011
Noble is looking for a Market Risk Manager/Analyst for its London Office, prefer Candidates who have R programming skills
Noble is a market leader in managing the global supply chain of agricultural, industrial and energy products. Our "hands on" approach to business has seen us grow to become a world leader in supply chain management in just 20 years.
We specialize in the origination and delivery of strategic raw materials, adding value at each stage of the supply chain. The Group is also involved in technical ship management, trade finance and coal mining running soybean crushing plants and sugar/ethanol mills in Brazil, amongst others.
Our energy operations cover most facets of the industry around the world: Coal, Power & Gas, Crude and Products, etc.
Our global network encompasses more than 150 office and plant locations in 38 countries across five continents. Our over 11,000 employees include 68 nationalities.
This is a position relating to UK & European Gas and Power, Coal, Emissions and LNG and is based in the company's London office.
The Risk & Middle Office group, within which the employee would work, is responsible for overseeing trading activity, implementing metrics that quantify related performance and risk and reporting relevant statistics and analysis to Trading, various Control groups and Management. It is also responsible for analyzing, evaluating and approving structured transactions conceived by Origination.
We are seeking a mid-level Risk manager/analyst with experience in the above markets. The successful candidate's responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee trading activity with the help of our Middle Office in the same location
- Form and communicate the state of affairs to senior management
- Write and observe policy
- Improve the risk analysis we perform on our trading activities by envisioning and introducing appropriate risk metrics
- Perform historical/fundamental analysis that can help in the evaluation of trades
- Create analytical tools and models that automate our processes
- Oversee the origination activity from a Risk point of view, including: a) the creation of models for the valuation of structured transactions; b) providing assistance to the originators and traders in improving suggested structures and complex deals; c) the review and approval of such transactions
- 3-5 years experience in risk management and structuring with a focus in Natural Gas and Power in UK/Europe. Experience with Emissions/Coal/LNG desired.
- Communications; ability to explain their thoughts in simple words. Ability to argue his/her opinion with conviction
- Self starter. Jack of all trades.
- Exposure to trading for a good part of his/her career (worked with traders or traded)
- Strong quantitative and programmatic abilities (R, VBA, C#; two out of three at minimum). Will be expected to actively contribute to analysis and automation. Reasonable understanding of systems and able to work with IT in providing direction for development and support.
- Knowledge of financial engineering: Understanding of derivatives, futures, etc. as well as how these products trade on the relevant markets.
Yannis Tzamouranis - Market Risk
o: +1 203 326 8129 | c: +1 203 550 9412 (GMT-5)
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-sig-jobs