[R-sig-ins] Hacking on the ChainLadder package?

Ben misc7 at emerose.org
Wed Oct 21 08:56:26 CEST 2009

Thank you very much Romain, these commands work.  I thought R (being
an interpreted language, and no part of this package needs
compilation) might have a short-cut to reload a module without
installing, but it really doesn't matter because the build/install
process runs in a few seconds on my computer anyway.

I can also source individual files as you mentioned.  Although if I
understand correctly, I need to be careful with that because the
sourced files will affect the bindings in a different namespace than
the original package.  Hmm, to continue with this thought, I guess I
could just write a file that sources all the files in the package;
that way I think I could just source the file I changed and the other
files, because they were installed in the default namespace, would
read the changed file.

Thanks again,

--
Ben Escoto