[R-sig-hpc] install package Rmpi

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 01:13:23 CET 2017

Here is how you set it as an options in R; this code sets a configure
option for the Rmpi package.

options(configure.args = c(Rmpi = "--with-Rmpi-type=OPENMPI"))

Now, the value (in my case OPENMPI) depends on your system. It was
surprisingly hard to figure out the possible values in Rmpi, I think I had
to read the configure script or something - unfortunately I forgot where to
find it. It was much harder than expected though.