[R-sig-hpc] Optimizer Question

Hesen Peng hesen.peng at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 23:12:20 CEST 2017

I apologize since this answer is kind of off topic. If you look beyond the
boundary, TensorFlow and Theano have been very popular these days in the
deep learning field and they can be used to solve optimization problems.
They are being used to solve problems involving millions of parameters. And
I do thing ecosystem-wise they are better than using R packages.

Hesen Peng 彭河森