[R-sig-hpc] RFC: Checkpoint-Restart for R/HPC (DMTCP)

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Thu Jan 21 10:05:55 CET 2016

As an administrator for an HPC cluster, I'd say dmtcp for R would be
very useful.  Some HPC clusters (including our :) implement a
"lowpri"/"opportunistic" queue, where jobs can be requeued any time a
higher priority job needs the resources.

An R package that implemented dmtcp integration would be very usable
also for many users not using BioConductor, so I would suggest creating
a package that is uploaded to CRAN, so one wouldn't have to install
BioConductor to use it.

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik