[R-sig-hpc] Decision trees in R with big data

Rich Calaway richcalaway at revolutionanalytics.com
Mon Apr 14 19:30:24 CEST 2014

Revolution R Enterprise, a commercial distribution of R, includes
external memory algorithm implementations of both decision trees and
decision forests. These are geared for "tall" data--the two million
rows wouldn't be a problem, nor would two billion, but the 20,000
attributes would probably challenge them.

It's probably worth a look (and is available for free for academic use):

www.revolutionanalytics.com

Hope this helps!

--Rich Calaway