[R-sig-hpc] foreach progress bar?

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 26 00:47:03 CET 2013

The following isn't pretty either, but once established, it would make
things more convenient:

Create an "out of band channel," meaning in this case a socket
connection between the manager and the workers.  Each time a worker
finished a task, it would send a message to the manager via the socket,
and the manager could report it.  The latter would be in a terminal
window, or some ambitious text-challenged person could develop a GUI for
it.

Norm