[R-sig-hpc] snowfall?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Feb 7 22:11:36 CET 2013

On 7 February 2013 at 14:49, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
| R-sig-hpc'ers:
|
| I just realized that I can no longer install snowfall and it appears to be
| gone from CRAN (
| http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/snowfall/index.html)-- is this
| project dead, or has it been wrapped into something else, or is it just
| between versions?  Thanks!
|
| > install.packages("snowfall")
| Installing package(s) into 'D:/Users/jgrn/Documents/R/win-library/2.15'
| (as 'lib' is unspecified)
| Warning message:
| package 'snowfall' is not available (for R version 2.15.2)

Removal from CRAN is something that happens to packages which fail to build
under R(-release) and the ever changing R-devel (aka R 3.0.0, due out in April).

My CRANberries services monitors removals as well additions and updates to
CRAN, so yes, I knew.

The package is likely still available in the Archive/ section so you can
download it from there and install that way.  A little bird told that the
snowfall author is planning to updated the package "time permitting".

And there are of course the package parallel (in R base), snow, foreach, ...

Dirk