[R-sig-hpc] foreach error checking (when a cluster stops)

Stephen Weston stephen.b.weston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:02:00 CET 2013

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, there's is nothing like that in foreach.  The functions that
are used to provide information about the parallel backend include:

  getDoParWorkers()
  getDoParName()
  getDoParVersion()
  getDoParRegistered()

but no "health check" functions.  It's a good idea, though.  I believe
they include that sort of thing in database frameworks.

By the way, I had no idea that you could use the doSNOW package
with snowfall, although I guess it makes sense since they give you
access to the cluster object.  But I've only ever tested doSNOW with
snow.

- Steve