[R-sig-hpc] Install Rmpi as a user of HPC

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Fri Sep 21 20:55:46 CEST 2012

Installing Rmpi is tricky. I don't know about RHEL/CentOS/Scientific
Linux, but I had to write a special script to get it to work on
openSUSE 12.1:

https://github.com/znmeb/Computational-Journalism-Server/tree/master/HighPerformanceComputing

Note in particular that I had to set up a configuration file for
OpenMPI as 'root' and I had to install Rmpi using "R CMD install"
after downloading the package from CRAN.