[R-sig-hpc] parallel and openblas

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Apr 25 04:10:01 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> Too much credit. I "merely" take care of R (and Octave earlier on). This is
> distributed work, and the Atlas (and other BLAS) maintainers, starting with
> Camm and now Sylvestre, are doing an amazing job. I simply know how to reuse
> that to R's benefit.

Speaking of packaging for distros, it looks like the OpenSUSE Build
Service has some semi-automated setup for grabbing Perl packages from
CPAN and wrapping them up as RPMs. I haven't dug into it, but I've
been seeing all sorts of useful things show up in the repositories. If
it can be done for CPAN using the OpenSUSE Build Service testing /
building infrastructure, it ought to be possible for CRAN as well. And
the infrastructure is capable of packaging for all the major distros,
not just openSUSE.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Computational Journalism Server
http://j.mp/compjournoserver

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.