[R-sig-hpc] What happened to the vignette of 'parallel'?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 15 02:43:58 CEST 2012

On 15 April 2012 at 02:23, Marius Hofert wrote:

| Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:
|
| > On 15 April 2012 at 02:03, Marius Hofert wrote:
| > | I am looking for the latest version of the vignette of 'parallel'. I can't find
| > | it (not on CRAN, not via vignette()). How can I obtain it?
| >
| > What operating system?
|
| Mac OS X 10.7.3
|

| > The Debian / Ubuntu binary packages have it in both the source package and
| > the binary:
| >
| > edd at max:~$ dpkg -L r-base-core | grep parallel.pdf
| > /usr/lib/R/library/parallel/doc/parallel.pdf
|
| Ah... I checked my library and saw that 'parallel' did not exist there. Although
| it comes natively with R (afaik), I tried to install it to see if I have the
| same subfolder with the vignette:
|
| ,----
| | install.packages("parallel", type="source")
| | Installing package(s) into ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/library’
| | (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
| | Warning: unable to access index for repository http://cran.ch.r-project.org/src/contrib
| | Warning: unable to access index for repository http://www.bioconductor.org/src/contrib
| | Warning message:
| | package ‘parallel’ is not available (for R version 2.15.0)
| | >
| `----
|
| When will 'parallel' be available for 2.15?

It /is/ available in source, and as I showed, also in binary on suitable platforms.

If you have an issue with OS X you need to ask on r-sig-mac -- this is no
longer an HPC issue.

Dirk

--
R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com