[R-sig-hpc] Suggestions for dedicated server for simulations

bart bart at njn.nl
Fri Sep 30 10:28:55 CEST 2011

Hi

Considering storage and speed one option looking it in my mind is SSD
disks. For intersections with large rasters on desktops I have positive
experiences with that. I can imagine that for genome work where large
datasets can't be read into memory it also works. I guess it is less
relevant for the specific case here but it is worth considering in general.

Bart