[R-sig-hpc] Choosing Intel MKL BLAS when compiling R

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 2 19:58:37 CET 2011

So if I'm following all this correctly, Intel MKL BLAS cannot be used
as a "swap-in" for R like GotoBLAS or Atlas, but it CAN be used during
the compilation phase as the hard-coded BLAS used?

Incidentally, I switched over to OpenBLAS from GotoBLAS last year and
have been happy with it -- it actually solved some compilation issues
that GotoBLAS had (also, it appears the configuration phase is a lot
faster).

--j