[R-sig-hpc] snow job

Whit Broach whitneybroach at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:03:30 CEST 2011

Thanks to Steve and everyone else who responded off-list.  Please keep the
suggestions coming. <G>

Here is a summary of the suggestions and results so far:

1.  1. Copy your snow folder from C:/user/...  to C:/Program files.

1 Result.  No folder with "snow" it its name exists under C:/user.  Such a
folder already exists under C:/Program Files.

2.  Before starting R, right-click mouse at R icon and choose (Open as
administrator).

2 Result.  No change in behavior.  The user account in all previous tests
has Administrator status anyway.

3. Test with doSMP to test the firewall.

3 Result.  Packages installed without obvious errors.  Next step:  I need to
read about doSMP functions and decide, if necessary, how to change my
script.

4.  Steve's suggestion below, using manual = TRUE and typing the command
indicated.

4 Result.  Log file is created and not accessible until the R Gui is closed.
Then the log file opens and is empty.