[R-sig-hpc] R on Amazon Web Service question
taquito2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:30:32 CEST 2011
I am a newbie to R/AWS and please forgive me my basic question. I
placed this thread in AWS Forum but haven't heard from the community
I was told by my boss at my company to set up the system in which to
process a large dataset and analyze it statistically. The input data
ranges from 5GB - 10GB.
The packages of AWS products I can think of inclues
- EC2 high memory instance for data processing
- RDS Oracle DB for data processing
- EC2 medium-large CPU instances for data analysis with R
- Map Reduce for data analysis with R
Now I have two questions regarding R and AWS:
1. Is ONE medium-high CPU instance enough for statistical-analysis of
that large dataset/
2. Should I subscribe the same number of MapReduce services as those
of EC2 instances?
Thanks in Advance.
More information about the R-sig-hpc