[R-sig-hpc] undesired forking from either doMC, foreach or multicore

Niels Richard Hansen Niels.R.Hansen+lists at math.ku.dk
Sat Jan 15 00:55:24 CET 2011

Hi

For what it's worth, I got a bunch of

Break on
__THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__()
to debug

when using multicore (with or without foreach) on my dual core MacBook.
I was running R in a terminal as required for safe use of multicore,
but as far as I can tell, the problem occurred whenever I had used
the quartz device for plotting in the same session.
No plots or plots using the X11 device have so far not resulted in
the problem. See also this post:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-August/006426.html

Best, Niels

--