[R-sig-hpc] how can I

Takatsugu Kobayashi taquito2007 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:08:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Currently I am trying to see how much parallel processing
packages like multicore and snow can improve computing
times.

Then I would like to ask if I did anything wrong as I don't see
any significant improvement between lapply and mclapply
while following examples shown in "parallel computing in R"
written by Chao and Wee:

library(multicore)
system.time(out <- mclapply(pair, geneCor)
system.time(out <- lapply(pair, geneCor)

I guess the reason would be that only a single core was being
used even with multicore package.

Then, how can I see if all the cores are being used for computation?

Thanks!!!

Taka