[R-sig-hpc] Error message from MPI

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Thu Aug 11 14:28:17 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 12:40 +0100, Jim Maas wrote:
> I guess I'm asking if the R packages doMPI and foreach are scalable,
> and to what level?

I suspect some limitation in the configuration on your cluster. (for
example, what is OpenFabrics and what does it have to do with MPI?)  You
may need to speak with your cluster administrators.

I've successfully used foreach and doMPI on over 250 worker nodes.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much additional help I can be beyond my
one data point, as I no longer have access to that particular cluster.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson