[R-sig-hpc] Looking for some function to determine how many cores I have

Megh Dal megh700004 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 18:38:27 CEST 2011

Dear all, I am looking for some R function which will tell me how many cores I have in my machine. I am using Windows Vista and snowfall library for my parallel computations. However I need to automate the initializing the parallel computation using sfInit() function, for which number of cores is one input.

I can personally see the core numbers from Windows Task Manager, however want to automate (in some extend) my calculation. Is there any function to determine that number?

Thanks,