[R-sig-hpc] trouble installing Rmpi

Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Nov 30 05:48:58 CET 2010

John,

> | trouble associated with dyn.load().  I haven't found clarity by
> | reading the documentation.  Maybe someone can at least help me
> |  focus my search among what I've looked at already: makefile
> | flags/options, installation of the fortran
> | compiler software (Intel Composer, latest edition), R manuals.
> | Here's the problem I'm having:
> |
> | > library(Rmpi)
> | > library(snow)
> | > setwd("/home/john/LREWI15_TIO")
> | > dyn.load("./swat2009_i64_calibrate.so")
> | Error in dyn.load("./swat2009_i64_calibrate.so") :
> |   unable to load shared library '/home/john/LREWI15_TIO/./
> | swat2009_i64_calibrate.so':
> |   libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> | >

> I am confused:
>
>    c) What is this program?
>
>    d) Why do you load Rmpi and then compile code? The idea of Rmpi is to
> give
>       you MPI idioms _in R_ without the need to compile anything more.
>
>    e) What is libifport ?

Just to say that I have not replied to this as it, the dyn.load()
issue, seems more to be with setting up R itself, than with the
setting up of Rmpi which is where I have some experience. I am
not really an R user, more an implementer of R and Rmpi for
others to use.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971