[R-sig-hpc] trouble installing Rmpi

Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Nov 23 02:19:17 CET 2010

> Well, I discovered MPICH2 can be used to run Rmpi in Windows.  So I
> switched back to Windows and now have Rmpi running fine in Windows,
> and so I'll probably stay with Windows for my present project to
> avoid further delays.
>
> But, again, thanks for your help.
>
> John Joseph

Hey John,

a brief note explaining what you had to do to get that
windows/MPICH2/R/Rmpi stack going would be worth posting
here for those who come afterwards.

Even if your experience is: installed R, installed ,MPICH2
and Rmpi just reconciled the bits it needed, it is as least
a confirmation of that process from someone who has actually
got it going.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971