[R-sig-hpc] snow's clusterApplyLB quits when a slave node stops

Daniel Elliott danelliottster at gmail.com
Fri May 21 04:38:31 CEST 2010

Hello,

I use SNOW to run a large number of processes on a large number of
computers many of which are in a lab.  Sometimes my jobs are killed
for various reasons.  Lately, this has caused the clusterApplyLB
function to stop running which means no additional jobs are run.

Is there something I can do about this?  I am pretty sure that this
was not happening a few months ago (clusterApplyLB would keep running
jobs even when one of the slaves went down).

Thanks.

- dan elliott