[R-sig-hpc] increasing max number of socket connections

Daniel Elliott danelliottster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:37:49 CEST 2010

Hello all,

We compile our own R binary from source.  Would the group be so kind
as to give me an idea of how difficult it would be to increase the max
number of socket connections R can make.  I was told this could be
done by recompiling the source.  Also, if you all feel that this is
not too painful, I would appreciate some guidance on where to start
looking in the source.

We are running R on 64-bit Fedora Linux.

I need this so I can use SNOW to spawn a very large number of
processes on our network.

- dan