[R-sig-hpc] [R-sig-HPC]Problems of submitting Rmpi Parallel Job with LSF

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jul 26 03:02:29 CEST 2010

On 23 July 2010 at 10:17, hongxu wrote:
| Dear all, I have some questions about how to submit Rmpi Parallel Job with LSF.
|

| I'd like to use LSF command bsub to submit Rmpi parallel job directly, for example, use the command line
|
| $bsub -W 10 -a openmpi -n 16 -q x64_dbg -o result.Rout -e err mpijob.openmpi 'R --no-save -q < prog.R > Output'
|
| to submit Rmpi parallel job, using 16 remote CPUs.
|
| However, some errors appear:
|  29 The output (if any) follows:
|  30
|  31 ARGUMENT '<' __ignored__
|  32
|  33 ARGUMENT 'prog.R' __ignored__
|  34
|  35 ARGUMENT '>' __ignored__
|  36
|  37 ARGUMENT 'Output' __ignored__
| How can I implement this process--use LSF to submit Rmpi parallel jobs directly?

Looks like your problem is with your shell indirection. I *much* prefer to
work with r (ie /usr/bin/r from the littler project) when I launch Rmpi jobs.
You could also use Rscript.

Examples for r and Rmpi are in my 'Intro to High-Performance Computing with
R' slides at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/presentations.html.

I can't help with lsf as I don't access to it -- but slurm works quite nicely
with Rmpi via r.

Hope this helps.

Dirk