[R-sig-hpc] Any TeraGrid users here?

George Ostrouchov ostrouchovg at ornl.gov
Tue Jan 5 19:55:44 CET 2010

I am looking for one or two TeraGrid users who have an interest in
data-parallel analysis with R. We are deploying the center Remote Data
Analysis and Visualization (RDAV). The center will become operational
sometime around mid 2010 but a small number of "friendly" users will be
able to begin use a few months earlier. See
http://www.vizworld.com/2009/09/utornl-receives-10m-nsf-remote-visualization/
for a description of RDAV resources. This will be a 1024 core shared
memory system that will include 16 GPUs, four terabytes of memory, and a
petabyte parallel file system.

Among other resources, the center will maintain an Rmpi enabled R
environment along with additional convenience functions for developing
large parallel data analysis applications. The RDAV will be co-located
with the National Institute for Computational Sciences (NICS)
http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/.

Please let me know if you are interested in being an early R user of
this system and also let me know what is your current TeraGrid
relationship (see http://www.teragrid.org/userinfo/ and
http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/TeraGrid_Allocation_Info).

Thanks!
George