[R-sig-hpc] Error: serialization is too large to store in a raw vector

Stephen Weston stephen.b.weston at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 04:03:46 CEST 2010

Hi Fong,

A vector of length 40503 is definitely not too large.  The code that
you included looks fine.  Is it possible that in the full version of the
script the variable "ps" is defined outside of the foreach loop?
It would be automatically exported in that case, and if it was large
enough, it could cause the serialization error.  If that is the case,
you could fix the problem by using the foreach argument
".noexport='ps'".

If that isn't the case, could you post a complete, self-contained
example that demonstrates the problem?

- Steve