[R-sig-hpc] Started uploading "simple working example" collection for parallel R

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 22:19:59 CEST 2010

Hi, everybody

About 10 months ago, 60 Dell PowerEdge servers fell in my lap and
we've set up a smallish cluster where I'm learning how to do parallel
programming.  There's a two step process. I futz around and learn how
to do something, then I write up the clearest example I can with
instructions for the students to use.

The documentation I've made so far for the cluster is here:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/cgi-bin/mw/index.php?title=Cluster:Main

If you look toward the bottom, you see information about the
collection of working examples.

Through the courtesy of our system administrators here at KU, the SVN
server's content can be viewed and downloaded by people who are not in
our domain. You can view these in a web browser or download with svn.
You are freely allowed to take, adapt, revise, fix, or otherwise use
these scripts however you want to.  So far, I have these directories.

2 Ex30-BashScriptinParallel
2 Ex41-HelloWorldinParallelC
2 Ex53-HelloWorldRmpi
2 Ex54-HelloWorldRmpiRscipt