[R-sig-hpc] Problems Installing Rmpi

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 11 19:56:48 CEST 2009

On 11 May 2009 at 13:42, R. A. Bilonick wrote:
| On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 10:09 -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
| > Did you try:
| >
| > # assumes that mpicc is in the PATH
| > CC=mpicc R CMD INSTALL Rmpi_0.5-7.tar.gz
| >
| > This has worked for me on openSUSE in the past.
| >
| > Sean
|

| Thanks. mpicc is in the path, but this fails -  it cannot find mpi.h. If
| I include "--configure-args=--with-mpi=/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.7-gcc" it
| fails the same way as before.
|
| Why is the Rmpi script asking for a directory but passing a file name?

You may have to debug / extend / adapt the configure script for your
situations.  Others have done the same before (i.e. as I recall there was
just thread here just last week).

In a first instance, see how configure.ac just loops over possible locations.
Try to copy one of those instances and adapt it to your settings.

Note however that these tests assume a certain directory structure below the
supplied openmpi directory. If your's doesn't fit, you either need to change
configure.ac (and then run autoconf) or change your directory layout.

Hth, Dirk