[R-sig-hpc] Broadcast large matrix to slaves. A similar problem with snow

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Tue May 5 16:03:14 CEST 2009

Hello all,
I'm also having problems with library snow 0.3-3 an R

I'm using

makeSOCKcluster(...)

and the cluster is a TORQUE PBS. In the past (last year) I used to pass
complete lists of parameters to conduct Monte Carlo runs in slave nodes,
up to for 8000 simulations. Now if I use > 1000 the system has an SIGKILL.
The administrators are helping but they do not know R nor snow(). Thus we
are are not sure if the problem is with Torque or with R-snow().

Do you know of any related problem, and if this may be ocurring with snow?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Javier García-Pintado
---------