[R-sig-hpc] snow Error.

luke at stat.uiowa.edu luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Fri Mar 27 18:55:24 CET 2009

Recent versons of snow signal an error if the value returned from a
worker indicates an error.  The error handling facilities in snow are
still evolving; for now id you don't want an error on a worker to
become an error an the master you need to catch the error in the
worker yourself and produce an appropriate result, e.g. by replacing
MCexe by something like

     function(...) tryCatch(MCexe(...), error = function(e) NULL)

if NULL is OK as a result when the MCexe computation produces an error.

luke